Maybelline Fit Me Foundation



These were already available worldwide long back ago and it is the first time they have been launched in India. The product category list includes foundation, concealer, blush and pressed powder. Though, as of now, the shade versatility in each category is not what it is at the global level but I assume that Maybelline will be launching more shades in India near future. In today’s review I will put forth my opinion on Maybelline Fit Me Foundation Matte+Poreless foundation.


Claims to:
Eliminates the look of pores and achieve natural looking skin with this lightweight, mattifying foundation.

Review:
It comes in a glass bottle without a pump. The glass bottle is not very heavy-weight and can be traveled with easily, of course with some cushioning around it.

The texture of the foundation has a slightly thick texture in the sense that it won’t roll off by itself. The foundation takes a couple minutes to set and gives you ample time to spread and complete the application. The pigment in the foundation is very fine and once on the face, it gives a very lightweight, natural look. 

The finish is matte but not the unnatural-looking extremely matte kind. It is a very natural matte look and the formula is quite comfortable to wear without appearing cakey as my MAC studio fix does. One of the things that I find very impressive in this product which is quite hard to find in drugstore foundations is that it does not exaggerate the pores. I cannot say much about the pore-blurring claim but it definitely does not make them more obvious than they actually are on your bare skin. Even without setting with a powder, it lasts easily for 5-6 hours on me. 

The shade Warm Honey is the one I use and is a yellow-toned one. This shade is a tad bit lighter. However, the difference is very little and I can easily fix it with using a darker powder to set it. I decided to go with this shade because the next shade that’s been launched is very orange-toned and dark for my skin. The foundation gives a light coverage in the first layer which can easily be built to medium in the subsequent layers. In my opinion, the coverage it provides would be enough for daily wear for most people, unless you have a very problematic skin. Even with a good coverage, the product feels very light-weight and comfortable to wear.

Overall thought:
Maybelline Fit Me Matte & Poreless Foundation exceeded my expectations and believe me I had a lot to begin with! It gives a light to medium coverage, it is very comfortable and light-weight to wear, has a natural matte finish and lasts easily for 5-6 hours. And did I say it is so AFFORDABLE! Sadly, the shade range that has been launched in India is somewhat restricted. Nonetheless, it is one of the best foundation I’ve come across yet. Do give it a try if you can find your shade. Highly recommended for normal, oily and combination skin types. It definitely tops my list under favorite drugstore foundations. The only downside for brow skin tones that it looks a tad bit grey, not sure why, otherwise its an overall great everyday foundation without the splurge.

Rating: 4.75/5

Price : Rs 525/- for 30mL

Note: Make sure to swatch the foundation on your face and not your hand before purchasing it. 

Comments

Post a Comment